Hello Everybody, i will share to setting brightness on backtrack/ubuntu. On my old computer cannot change automatic brigthness. If you have old computer or old laptop can follow this step.
So please, if interesting follow step by step this my post.
This first step in the beginning successful to change brigthness on ubuntu, but since i using backtrack nothing hapen.
1. Open your konsole or terminal
2. If opened, find this line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”quiet splash” and insert script “acpi_osi=Linux“
3. After inserted, save this file
4. Last step, update grub using command
5. Reboot your machine
This second step, if first step not work.
Follow this step;
1. Create and edit file ./backlight_d.sh
2. Copy paste this script
3. Then save your file
4. After save, now type command
5. Still on terminal, edit /etc/rc.local
6. Save and reboot your machine
This step had tried using my old computer using ubuntu/backtrack, using vga intel. But now i see a brigthness was auto changed if installing linux because the kernel was fixed some bug and more driver has included.
So if you have problem above this post, you can trying follow this step. Thanks!