This time i’ll share about install mikrotik router os in virtual machine, because i don’t have a router for testing so i using virtual machine for testing. this step by step install mikrotik router os in virtual machine.
- first install vmware( here i using vmware)
- Then download router os here with download winbox
- After downloaded, open vmware
- Then create new virtual machine, and browse to inserted router OS in vmware
- After that choose to other, and click to start
- Then show CLI mode, and type “a” then press “i” and yes and yes wait until reboot
- After reboot, insert user admin and password and enter
- Try to run router OS and launch winbox, wait for a second until ip/Mac has detected with winbox select the ip/Mac and login
Here this video, if my explanation was less:
- If running router OS in virtual machine cannot create access point or share wireless with any host.
So may be useful and thanks!